Understanding Commercial Roof Damage
The state of your commercial building directly affects you business. If you are not providing your staff, customers, and/or products and equipment with a structurally-sound space, your bottom line will inevitably suffer. One of the most important factors in keeping your business safe is the state of the roof. Costly to repair and difficult to diagnose, roof damage is something that should be addressed immediately.
There are a number of factors that can cause roof damage. Some of the most common include:
- Heat and sun: The rays emitting from the sun bombard your roof every day, even through thick clouds, which deteriorates the material on your roof over time
- Storm damage: Rain, snow, and ice can cause water to seep through the roof, cave-ins and degrade the quality of your roof, while wind damage can exasperate an existing problem
- Condensation: Water and moisture are notorious for damaging a roof, so high humidity, debris, and other factors can trap water and degrade the area over time
- Trees, branches, and leaves: The weight of heavy branches and moisture trapped under leaves will damage your roof without a proper storm cleanup process
- Flashing deterioration: The sealant used to secure your roof, or flashing, naturally degrades over time and can cause leaks into your building
Immediate Steps to Recovery
If you suspect your commercial building has suffered from roof damage in Queens, NY, your first step should be to reach out to a professional roof tarping and boarding company. These experts will determine the severity of the issue, and will secure your roof to protect it from further flood damage and wild animal entry. They will also help you determine the extent of the damage and recommend next steps on the roof rebuild process. With proper maintenance and swift action, damage to your roof, and your business’s bottom line, can be minimized.